Friday, July 29, 2011

OTTO

Nothing like a lazy Friday lunch at Otto with two lovely friends.  Dining by Sydney's stunning harbour is one of the things I will miss when I head back to Japan shortly - but there are so many wonderful things to look forward to in Kyoto that I think I will probably cope....
The food at Otto has always been consistent and that is one of the things that keeps people coming back  - but right now,  it is the best I can remember it being. I really enjoyed this meal. Solid Italian flavours and a little bit of magic without too much fuss. The Wagyu liver above is a good example. Nicely seared, good flavour  - a little big of zjoosh with the garnish. Really got the tastebuds going. 

Pasta with truffles, egg yolk, hazelnuts... My only complaint is that I had to hare with my mates.   It was stunning.  I want this again. Soon. 
Sticky Lamb shanks ( not the official name of this dish of course...) - I was only allowed one bite but it was GOOOOD! Love a winter's shank!
Duck with quince - gorgeous. I was very happy to be selfish with this... there was fortunately little sharing to be had -  vego friends come in handy sometimes!
Corn soup with popcorn 
Fancy apple tart!
Molten chocolate cake
Corn custard
Our pic for winning dessert - this coconut gelato  - too good!

Lovely friends Fi and Finky. Thanks for a fab lunch guys. Will miss you xxx

2 comments:

  1. Jane
    Those photos are stunning - the food must have been amazing! Thanks for sharing this.

    Best to you,
    Tony Hollingsworth (@AskTonyFood on Twitter, http://hollingsworth.posterous.com )

    ReplyDelete