Saturday, August 27, 2011

Book Report

Last night we finished shooting the recipe images (and a few glorious incidentals) for my new book. Phew!! It was an extremely intense experience for reasons I won't go into but I would so very much like to thank a few people for making the shots so very gorgeous. 

Uber photographer Cath Muscat - you are a star (and incredibly patient) - thank you for shooting such wonderful images and for keeping the team pumping - your barista skills, joyous toons and Michelle Norianto's fab porridge bake sustained us to the very end). 

Olivia Andrews - I couldn't have asked for a better person to cook my food, you did so with interest, passion, care, respect and precision - you were a joy to work with and I know you will go far my love.  I wish you the best with your new and exciting ventures....

It was a pleasure to meet and work with you both. 

And last, but not least, my dear friend (and partner in crime when it comes to creative vision and warped humour) designer Reuben Crossman for ensuring the overall vibe of the book reflects the essence of my narrative and experiences and that the recipe styling was beautiful and spot on without being overly literal - a difficult balance with this particular project and cuisine. You are a crazily talented being and I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for going above and beyond the call of duty in an effort to produce (what is destined to be) one of the most stunning paper products EVER!.  Thank you also for being my courier, chauffeur and travel companion in the 3 hour drive each day! I owe you a life time supply of QP mayo!

Lots of love to you all and thank you also to the team at Murdoch Books (and for the final day Pies from Bourke Street Bakery - thanks Sally!)

Jane xx

No comments:

Post a Comment