Monday, July 25, 2011

Luca house - Seddon

When in Melbourne I sometimes stay with a dear and very generous friend in Seddon (thanks Jano!). 

When I first visited the area there wasn't a lot of action at the local shopping village to be honest - it was pretty quiet, with a distinct lack of decent coffee and cafe fare. But this is certainly changing..  Since the welcome addition of Seddon wine store ( a fabulous spot not only for its interesting wines and helpful, knowledgeable staff,  but also the fact you can stop for a glass of vino and nibbles of decent cheese, terrine, olives, jamon, pickles, anchovies etc) a few new foodie places have popped their heads up including the lovely Luca House cafe/providore - where I spent a little too much time recently... 
        
A great spot for breakfast  (they do a mean bacon and egg sambo with a spiced relish and mayo on toasted Turkish rolls and the coffee is goooood)  - but they also do a handful of lunch items, a few home made sweet things and sell a huge range of well considered pantry or freezer basics and condiments. 
Quirky and welcoming -the place has been evolving visually since my first visit and now feels like somewhere you want to kick back in for hours. And I have done - armed with my laptop and a bunch of work.... 
This lemon curd slice was lusciously moist and sweet with a very good pastry base  - will have to check out the chocolate tart and the vanilla slice (which I heard someone raving about) next time I am in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment