Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Carrington Hotel


According to the locals the Carrington Hotel, in the Blue Mountains' village of Katoomba, is haunted. Paranoid or paranormal?? 

The majestic building, built in 1882, is a joy to walk around and sipping cocktails in the bar is a charming experience -but I must say .. there was a rather spooky energy. The hotel was derelict for about 6 years in the 80's until some clever folk purchased her and brought the place back to life. It really is stunning but... I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to stay the night... are you?? 
Take a peek inside....
** Just as an aside - behind the hotel is the FABULOUS Carrington Cellars  - an emporium  (I'm reluctant to call it a bottle shop because it is so much more!) packed with really well considered, interesting wines.  great nibbles and gourmet pantry fillers for packing holiday home kitchens - check them out!  This is the view from outside the store ... not too shabby.

2 comments:

  1. What a good blog you have here. Please update it more often. This topics is my interest. Thank you. . . Boutique Hotels near Soho London

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Calvin. Your kind words are much appreciated. I try to update my blog as often as possible but sometimes it is hard to keep up with myself!! I fit it in wherever I can. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete