Saturday, November 12, 2011

Shake Shack and Madison Square Eats!

Does it live up to the hype? I guess it does. Although I am not sure I would queue for 45 minutes again for a dog, fries and a shake...  It was a decent hotdog (apparently the burger is the thing to order but I was in a sausage kinda mood), the fries were good. If I was being really fair I'd have to say they were pretty damn good but truth is I had been ruined by the beef fat fries at David Burke Kitchen Soho - they are seriously addictive- some of the best fries EVER! my mouth is watering just thinking about them. And I don't really like fries. These were magical....I digress..

The shake was thick, creamy and sweet - just the way you want it to be - it was really very good. 
Here's the menu:
And the specials:
This was the queue when I arrived...
Within minutes these people were behind me.
Seriously guys - how the hell do you get back to work in time??  I have never seen people line up like this for takeaway in their lunch hour. Proof of Shake Shack's pull I guess. They are certainly onto a good thing.

Yeah... I'd do it again. 

This little fella's just realised the time - he's off!!...
Dog/shake/fries
Had I known that just across the park was this seriously fab pop up restaurant fest I would have saved some room.... loving a NYC weekday lunch hour...

No comments:

Post a Comment